Do you want to learn how to start affiliate marketing for beginners the right way? If you do, then this post is just what you need to help you get started!As a beginning online marketer, you spend hours gathering information, buying courses, ebooks, watching every YouTube video about making money online, signing up for countless programs, getting scammed etc.
I know, I’ve been there! It was the most frustrating time for me when I was starting my business. You pretty much fall flat on your face while losing money, time and energy. Yes, this is how we learn but there is a difference between learning smart and learning hard. If I had someone to teach me the ropes, it would not have taken me over 3 years to start earning a real living online.
If you are new to affiliate marketing you can read this post here before going ahead with this one.
- 1 How To Start Affiliate Marketing For Beginners
- 1.1 Direct Affiliate Marketing For Beginners
- 1.2 CPA Affiliate Marketing
- 1.3 Affiliate Marketing Through Blogging
- 1.4 Email/Affiliate Marketing
- 1.5 Social Media Marketing
- 1.6 Affiliate Marketing Using Free Methods
- 1.7 Affiliate Marketing Using Paid Methods
- 1.8 Share this:
- 1.9 Related
How To Start Affiliate Marketing For Beginners
The key to starting a successful affiliate marketing business is finding a strategy that works and sticking with it until you start seeing results. Starting your first affiliate marketing business can be challenging, that said it can be done with little to no startup cost.
There are a few important factors you need to know about before we begin, this will help you understand how the big boys and gals are making money with affiliate marketing. First you need to choose your strategy, your business model, you have a few options which we will be going through below:
- 1.Direct Affiliate Marketing
- 2.CPA Affiliate Marketing
- 3.Affiliate Marketing Through Blogging
- 4.Email/Affiliate Marketing
- 5.Social Media Marketing
Direct Affiliate Marketing For Beginners
Direct affiliate marketing is when you promote products or services without a website, usually this type of marketing requires a large amount of traffic and can be costly if you do not have an audience. This marketing strategy is done with paid traffic, social media traffic, solo ads and video marketing.To get an in-depth understanding of how direct affiliate marketing works, you can read this article here.
CPA Affiliate Marketing
CPA (cost-per-action) marketing is similar to direct affiliate marketing, the only difference with this model is that you are getting paid when someone completes a form, survey or by simply subscribing to a mailing list.
Usually with most CPA networks, you get paid for impressions as well, this is known as EPC ( cost-per-a thousand-impressions). CPA marketing is one of the easiest method of making money online if you know how to generate traffic or if you can afford buying traffic.
Affiliate Marketing Through Blogging
Affiliate marketing through blogging, commonly known as content marketing is when you create a website around a certain topic and you promote services and products that relate to your content. Niche websites and review sites are other forms of content marketing.
Similar to this site, if I wrote a blog post on say video marketing and I recommended a video creation software, I get a commission. To learn more about the different kinds of affiliate marketing sites you can refer to this article here.
Affiliate marketing through email is commonly known as email marketing, this model requires you to have a list of email addresses that you can use to promote your products or services to. To make money through email marketing you must first build a huge list of subscribers that are interested in what you are promoting.
Building an email list takes time if you do not have the resources and can be costly if you do. Most marketers use CPA networks, solo ads and paid traffic to build their list. To learn more about email marketing you can read this article here.
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is when you promote products or services via social media. This is actually one of my favorite method of marketing because your only task is building a large following, this can be done manually or by using paid methods.
Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Stumbleupon, Reddit and YouTube are some of the best platforms that you can use to grow your brand. These platforms also provide the option of paying for traffic if you have the funds.
Now that we have covered the different types of affiliate marketing models, you are one step closer to deciding which model might work best for you in your current situation. I recommend that you choose a specific type of marketing strategy/model and sticking with it until you start seeing results.
Make sure to go through the other articles that are linked to this one to get a complete understanding of how all the different models of affiliate marketing works.
Affiliate Marketing Using Free Methods
#1 Finding Your Niche
In most cases, your first step in starting with affiliate marketing would be to decide what it is you want to promote AKA your “niche”. A niche in online marketing simply means an item or a service that serves a specific group of audience. For example, instead of targeting the keyword shoes when trying to get a domain name for your site, it would be red flat shoes.
Most affiliate marketers prefer niche sites over sites that cover broad topics and subcategories because niche sites are easier to rank high up in the search engines and brands you as an expert in your field.The problem with niche sites when you are just starting out though, is the fact that you have limited options, you do not have the ability to promote other services or products.
This is why I think that for beginners, it is better to aim for a middle ground, your middle ground between shoes and red flat shoes would be flat shoes. Finding your niche is the most important step in starting any online business. Here are a few highly targeted niche ideas to help get you thinking.
Please know that these are all niches with very high cost per click and monthly search volumes, people love these kinds of content, but do your own research before you pick one. It would also be a great idea to choose a topic that you are interested in just so you don’t get bored when you have to write about it. Simply save the image to refer to later.
#2 How To Research Your Niche
- To do your own niche research using free tools is an exciting way of finding out what people search for in google everyday and also gives you the ability to see if your niche is worth targeting. So Lets get down to the good stuff! Watch the video.
#3 Building Your Platform
- Now that you have found your niche, it is time to start building your base, you can go the paid route or use free sites to promote your offers. First we will be looking at free ways to start.
- 1 Create a new Gmail account with your niche keywords, say you are going into the arm weight loss niche, your email address would be firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not know how to create a gmail account, you can refer to this post here.
- 2 Next go to blogger.com there is wordpress.com, but I prefer blogger because you have 15 gb free space while wordpress.com comes with 3 gb, also, wordpress.com does not allow any type of affiliate link or google adsense which is the opposite on blogger.com. You can learn how to create your wordpress blog here and a blogger blog here.
- 3 Now that you have created your blog and hopefully added some content, Note: you need to add a few blog post in your niche to be eligible for some affiliate programs. It is time to go ahead and create your YouTube channel, you can learn how to create a YouTube channel here.
- 4 Your next step is to create a pinterest account for business in your niche and add some images. To create a successful pinterest account for business, you need to go through these step by step pinterest tutorials here. Or watch this video on how to create a pinterest account for your niche site here.
- 5 Now it is time to sign up for the amazon associates program which is best for beginners, or with some of these other networks below. You can browse through these networks before signing up to see if they have products that fits your niche. Some of the best ones I recommend are clickbank , markethealth, and shopstyle affiliate program.
- 6 Now that you have all of your accounts and profiles set up, it is time to start creating useful content around your niche that are helpful to others, the best way of doing this is by using ubersuggest.io with the keywords everywhere chrome browser extension tool, and finding how to solve a problem in your niche-searches with low competition and start creating blog post or YouTube videos with those exact searches as your titles.
- 7 This next step is the most time-consuming which is getting traffic back to your content. To get traffic back to your brand new affiliate site or your affiliate products you need to be active on social media platforms. Gaining followers in the beginning can be difficult therefore engaging with other people’s content is crucial for exposure. Posting useful content regularly and following other users profiles can help you gain followers faster.
- Note: Having a site is only necessary for signing up to affiliate networks, your main focus should be growing your social profiles because most of your sales are going to be coming in from social media. The best platform I’ve found that is best for amazon products and free website traffic so far is pinterest.
Affiliate Marketing Using Paid Methods
Affiliate marketing using paid methods is actually the fastest way to start seeing results online, though you can make money with free methods, it usually takes time to start earning money. You have a few options to start with when using paid methods in affiliate marketing.
- 1 Using paid hosting and domain to build a website in a specific niche that you can optimize for free search engine traffic.To learn more about building a website using paid hosting from scratch, you can read this article here.
- 2 Using CPA (cost-per-action) with paid traffic to start seeing fast commissions. If you would like to learn more about how to get started in CPA marketing, you can refer to this article here.
- 3 Using email marketing, along with solo ads and paid traffic. Learn more about how to start email marketing here.
So this is How To Start Affiliate Marketing For Beginners! You can also read about my recommended affiliate marketing programs for beginners here. Just remember that nothing comes easily in life and that hard work pays off! Thank you so much for reading and don’t forget to subscribe for more free ways to help you make money online. Stay awesome!